Heirloom Photo Tablecloth
Lauren Van Hemert from Cary, N.C., transfers heirloom photographs to a tablecloth using ink jet computer prints and T-shirt transfer paper. The photographs are ironed onto the tablecloth and napkins.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
T-shirt transfer paper
heirloom photos (black and white or color)
1. Scan vintage photographs onto your computer.
2. Print the photos (reverse images) onto T-shirt transfer paper.
3. Cut out the images on the T-shirt transfer paper and pin to tablecloth for placement.
4. Place the images face down onto tablecloth.
5. Set iron to the highest setting before steam (do not use steam setting) and iron pictures onto the tablecloth one at a time.
6. Make coordinating napkins the same way for a memento your guests can take home.
7. Use heirloom rattles or other mementos as napkin rings for the finishing touch to your heirloom table.
Web site: www.onlylauren.com
If you don't have the climate for growing tropical plants year-round, go for the big-leaved, brightly flowered plants that have...