Dazzle your beloved with hearts made from paper, wire or roses with these easy-to-follow projects.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
A Hanging Heart
If twisting and turning are your style, you'll love this metal heart basket. You can use copper, aluminum or whatever kind of wire you choose, but you need two different weights (the lighter weight is for wrapping). Directions follow for a heart that is 5-1/4" x 6-1/4".
Materials and Tools:
18-guage stove-pipe wire in these lengths:
Back: one 8", one 5", one 4", one 2"
Front: one 6", one 5-1/2", one 4", one 3-1/2", one 1-1/2", three 5", four 5" (small hearts)
26-gauge enameled copper wire (we used black)
small wire cutters
1. Fold the 18-inch piece of stove-pipe wire in half to form the bottom V of the heart.
2. Use pliers to form a coil at each end of the wire.
3. Bend each half of the heart to meet in the middle.
4. Wrap a piece of the 26-gauge wire around the two metal pieces that meet. This will bind the middle of the heart together between the coils.
5. Use pliers to attach the three horizontal back pieces from top to bottom, longest to shortest. Space evenly.
6. Use pliers to coil and form each of the four 5" pieces into a small heart. Set aside.
7. Attach the top horizontal piece to the frame using pliers. This forms the uppermost semicircle on the front of the basket.
8. Attach the other four front pieces from top to bottom (largest to smallest), leaving room for the hearts to be attached).
10. Wrap 26-gauge wire around the horizontal wires of the basket front, incorporating the four small hearts at the intersections of the vertical wires.
11. You can decorate your wire basket in any number of ways. Fill with moss and tuck flowers into it, pack it with sweet-smelling potpourri or use it to hold valentine cards.
Delight your valentine with white-chocolate-dipped fortune cookies in a crafty (and cute!) Chinese takeout box. Basic cooking...
Surprise your Valentine with one of these simply chic projects.(4 photos)
Test your DIY skills this Valentine's Day and craft up something special for your sweetheart and loved ones.(22 photos)