Happy Holidays Punched Page
Give your scrapbooking holiday page a one-two punch and create a knockout!
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designer Suzanne McNeill uses punches to craft a holiday page.
Materials and Tools:
heart punches in 1-1/4", 3/4" and 1/2" and 7/16" sizes
1/8" and 1-1/4" circle punch
1/4" star punch
assorted punches (seasonal themes)
4-1/2" Christmas tree die-cut
jumbo scallop-edged scissors
card stock in white, red, green, yellow, brown and gray
scissors or craft knife
1. Trim photo and borders to size, cut white border with scallop-edged scissors. Use a 1/8" circle punch to create a lacy effect around the scallop-edged border.
2. On the scrapbook page, position die-cut Christmas tree, die-cut letters and photo with border.
3. Create border. Cut a wavy border from green cardstock for the light cord. Use a 1-1/4" circle punch for bulbs. Adhere to page.
4. Create a tree motif to be used in place of the letter 'A'. Punch different sized hearts (using 1-1/4", 3/4" and 1/2" punches), 9 circles and 1 star. Assemble and adhere to scrapbooking page as the 'A' in Happy .
5. Use same technique to punch and assemble an 'A' for Holidays. Then, create a wreath to be used in place of the letter 'O'. Punch thirteen 1/4" green hearts, three 1/4" red hearts and five 7/16" red hearts. Assemble and adhere to page.
6. Decorate die-cut Christmas tree with circle punches for ornaments, and punch a variety of shapes for use under the tree. Journal to complete the page.
Stamp a simple and fun page for the fisherman -- or woman -- in your life.