Handmade Paper Embellished Card
Tami Molar of Tustin, Calif., makes paper and uses it to embellish a greeting card.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
glue or hot glue gun and glue sticks
card stock or blank card
For the homemade paper:
2-4 cups water
1 tsp. liquid starch
clear plastic candy mold
1. Tear one to two sheets of tissue paper into small pieces and put in blender. Add lint collected from dryer (that’s how Tami colored the paper, but you can just use colored tissue paper if you want).
2. When the blender is full of paper, add water and 1 teaspoon of liquid starch. Run blender on high for 1 minute. Pour into strainer and squeeze out excess water.
3. In a pan layered with a towel or paper towels, sandwich paper pulp between two pieces of door screening and press out water.
4. Push pulp into crevices of candy mold. You may use the handle of a spoon to help get into the crevices.
5. Blot over the pulp in the mold with a paper towel to get out more water. Let dry for a day or so (depending on how much water you pressed out).
6. When dry, the paper pieces should pop out easily. Glue them to the front of a blank card.
7. Punch holes on the side and add ribbon for another decorative touch. Add dried flowers with glue gun.
Create handmade cards for friends and family that can also be used as stylish ornaments.