Greeting Card and Matching T-Shirt
Make a matching card and T-shirt made from origami paper cutouts with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Amy Williams from Seattle.
Amy's obsession with Italy began after a summer spent abroad in Perugia, Italy, living amongst five strangers in a small flat. Her passion for all things Italian comes through in her cards and T-shirt creations, made with origami paper cutouts, fun Italian text and sequin embellishments. This T-shirt and matching card will delight the lucky recipient. Plus, it’s two crafts in one.
needle and thread
glass for glue
1. Start by making the greeting card with 4" x 4" pieces of paper in different colors.
2. Cut out floral shapes from origami papers (petals and leaves).
3. Spray the adhesive onto a piece of glass. Dip the origami pieces into the puddle of glue and apply to the card.
4. Attach buttons and sequins using Glue Dots.
5. Stamp the word "ciao" with alphabet stamps. Allow card to dry.
6. To make a T-shirt from the card, first scan the image of the completed card.
7. Crop and manipulate image. Save it as the reversed image of the finished card.
8. Print image out onto iron-on paper, and use scissors and ruler to cut out the image.
9. Iron image onto the shirt. Hand-sew embellishments onto the T-shirt.