Girlfriend Card With Little Black Dress Earrings
A card and earrings in one gift!
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Julie Gatlin from Plano, Texas.
Julie, a creative Texan with a passion for fashion, makes a special girlfriend greeting card with a pair of little black dress earrings that are part of the girlfriend card but that can also be removed for wearing!
foam adhesive dots
4 colors craft paper
2 small rhinestones
black permanent stamp ink
2 silver eyelets
2 vintage rhinestone buttons
pair earring hooks
2 silver beads
4 black beads
2 jump rings
1/16" hole punch
enamel paint (if needed)
1. To make lips and little black dress charms: Sand shrink plastic in horizontal direction. Rotate 90 degrees and sand in horizontal direction. Brush dust off of plastic.
2. Choose stamp for design. Ink stamp with black permanent ink and stamp design onto shrink plastic.
3. Ink stamp again. Stamp design on shrink plastic again. Let dry 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Apply large amount of red lipstick to your lips. Pin shrink plastic sheet to wall with thumbtack and KISS!
5. Give the lip impression a short blast with hair spray to help the lipstick set and prevent smearing. Let dry 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Cut shapes out of shrink plastic. Punch holes in the little black dresses with 1/16-inch hole punch.
7. One at a time, place one of the plastic shapes inside a small box (I use a cigar box). Hold each plastic shape steady with long needles or tweezers. Using the heat gun, heat the shrink plastic. It will twist and turn and curl. Once it lays flat again, it is completely shrunk.
8. Place a flat object on top of the plastic charm to hold it flat while it cools (about 1 minute).
9. If the ink doesn’t completely cover the design, paint the char m at this stage with enamel paint and let dry. You can also do this if you don’t like the way the color came out.
10. Repeat process for other two charms.
11. Glaze the top of all charms with diamond glaze. Attach rhinestones to dresses using diamond glaze.
12. To assemble the earrings: Using jewelry pliers, place a jump ring through the hole in both of the little black dress charms. Attach a beading wire to each of the jump rings. Add beads and loop wire closed at top. Attach beads and charm to earrings hooks.
13. Choose card and background paper. Attach the background paper to the card using either double-sided tape or white glue.
14. Make the girlfriend head. Choose paper for head and neck. Choose paper for hair. Cut a head shape out of the paper. Using the same color, cut out neck shape.
15. Using the head shape as a guide, trace hair shape onto paper and cut out. Glue the hair to the head.
16. Punch two ear-designating holes on the head. Using eyelet setting tool and hammer, apply the two silver eyelets to the head.
17. Attach two vintage buttons for eyes and the lips charm to the face using diamond glaze.
18. Enhance the hair using 3-D paint. Add a necklace using 3-D paint. Add rosy cheeks with chalk.
19. To assemble card: Glue neck to card with white glue. Attach head to card with foam dots. This provides a 3-D effect.
20. Insert little black dress earrings in eyelets holes.
Web site: www.boobboxes.com
If you have a passion for fashion, this little black dress ornament is great for dressing up your Christmas tree. Follow these...