Garden Journal Scrapbook
Learn how to craft this scrapbook journal inspired by nature.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Karen Roark of Westwood, Kan.
Materials and Tools:
2 pieces 10-1/4" x 8-1/4" book board, punched
4 pieces 9-1/2" x 7" decorative paper pockets
black card stock for pages, punched
24- and 28-gauge copper wire
decorative paper for inside cover
about 3 yards waxed cotton cord
hot glue gun and glue sticks
aluminum embossing sheets
double-sided sheet tape
alphabet letter punches
white colored pencil for photos
various small seed beads
about 4mm bead for body
various seed packets
seeds for seed mosaic
1. Tape photo to inside front cover piece. Cover insides of journal cover pieces with decorative paper. Measure pieces, cut, glue in place and weight with books until dry.
2. Snap twigs to appropriate length and weave together with 24-gauge copper wire.
3. String metal leaf beads onto 24-gauge copper wire, twist and weave together. Weave leaves into twigs.
4. For the dragonfly: Cut 28-gauge wire and string bead to center. Fold and string bead over both strands and add larger body bead. String beads for wings, and twist to secure. Add head bead, separate wires, add eye beads, wrap and string wire on top for antennae.
5. Cut rectangles out of cardboard. Cut small piece of metal sheet and stick to cardboard with double-stick tape. Fold in edges, turn over and stamp letters on front. Attach to journal with tape.
6. Cut decorative paper to pocket size. Create collage. Cut down seed packets to desired images. Position/arrange them and then tape down with double-stick tape.
7. Sew zigzag stitches through all layers with sewing machine. Pull thread ends through to the backside and glue ends down.
8. To make the mini seed collage. Cut a piece of double-stick sheet adhesive and affix to journal. Carefully sprinkle seeds onto page as desired.
9. Attach stick by punching holes in paper and wiring to page with copper wire.
10. Cut inside pocket to size. Score fold line with bone folder, and fold over.
11. Align pages with binder clips and punch holes every half inch. Lace together with waxed cotton linen cord and tie. For inside pages: Position photos and tape down using photo-safe double-stick tape.
12. Write text with sharp, white colored pencil. Add photo corners.
Kimberlee Lynch from Denver, Colo., has encountered difficulty with her green thumb in the high altitude of Denver -- so she...
Finish the look of a terrace with hardwood with these exclusive step-by-step instructions from Don't Sweat It host Steve Watson.
Redesigners Natalie Lewis and Pepper Wilkinson bring color and cohesion to a living room while highlighting the...