Fused Wine Goblet
Jessica Cooley gives step-by-step instructions on how to make a fused glass wine goblet.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
dichroic fusible glass
UV glue with an activator
goblet (the top of a wine glass)
disk grinder or a regular grinder
dish soap and water
1. Cut two rectangular 5" x 1" pieces of clear marbled glass for the stem pieces. The stem consists of two fused pieces that are glued together. Note: If grinding is necessary to make the goblet level there will be enough length.
2. Select colored glass hearts to place on the stem pieces. Place them on top of the stem glass pieces to fuse together in the kiln.
3. Cut two round pieces for the stand.
- First piece is 2-3/4 inches
- Second piece is 2-1/2 inches
4. Make a square piece 1"x 1" and a rectangle piece 1"x 1/2" and place these pieces on top of the round ones. Place them so that the 1" x 1/2" piece is positioned on the top.
5. After all of the pieces are cut out, place them on the kiln shelf in the desired configuration and fire in the kiln.
6. Take the pieces out of the kiln and wash them in dish soap and water.
7. Glue the two-stem pieces together using UV glue.
8. Grind both sides of the stem to make sure that they are level. Note: Hold the level on top of the stem while the stem is on a flat surface.
9. Grind the bottom of the goblet top so that it is level. Once the goblet top is level, glue it to top of the stem.
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to make and paint glass lamps.