Fused-Glass Dichroic Pendant
Learn how to create a one-of-a-kind pendant by using fused glass.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Hadley Rowland from Alexandria, Va.
Materials and Tools:
silver bezel wire
1. Select base glass color from bullseye glass.
2. Draw shape on glass with permanent marker.
3. Score glass to cut and break glass with pliers or hands. Remember to wear safety glasses.
4. Cut top clear piece of glass a little larger than bottom piece.
5. Select dichroic glass. Draw shape and cut to size as above.
6. Place dichroic on top of base glass.
7. Cut small pieces of dichroic stringer and place on top of base glass.
8. Add a bit of glue to keep stringers in place. Place glass onto kiln shelf.
9. Cut small piece of wire and curl to make loop. Place wire in between base and dichroic glass layers.
10. Place top clear piece on glass.
11. Fire the piece. Remove from kiln and let cool.
Use polymer clay and blend six colors and incorporate assorted glass beads to create a dragonfly pin.