Funky Wood Bud Vase
Design and paint a funky bud vase.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Courtesy of Linda Hatfield, Omaha, Nebraska.
1/4" poplar wood
1" poplar wood
plain paper for pattern
#5 or #6 soft pencil
laboratory test tube
acrylic paint in various colors
round synthetic paintbrushes:
- #2, #3 and small liner
power drill and drill bit to fit test tube
1. Sketch a design for the vase shape on paper. Transfer the design to 1/4-inch poplar and cut out using a jigsaw.
2. Cut a base piece and back from 1-inch poplar.3. Drill a hole in the back piece to accommodate the test tube.
4. Sketch a decorative design on the vase shape with a pencil.
6. Paint the designs using various colors of acrylic paint (figure D). Paint the base and back a solid color.
7. Glue the wood pieces together with wood glue and clamp until dry.