Fun With Wire
Learn how to enhance your spiral-bound notebook with these steps by guest Stephanie Barnard.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Guest Stephanie Barnard demonstrates how to jazz up a plain spiral-bound notebook.
24-gauge wire non-tarnish silver
round nose pliers
nylon jaw pliers
- Using a wire jig and heart pattern, wrap wire around each peg (figure A) starting with the bottom peg.
- Cut an inch and a half of 24-gauge wire. Using round nose pliers, pull the wire up in the center (figure B). This will form an upside down U.
- Run a 26" piece of wire through the crimper.
- Cut wire in half.
- Using your fingers, twist the ends to form a swirl.
- Adhere wire to the page with wire staples.
Note: Nail heads and glue dots are also good items to use when adhering wire to a page.
Niel Hora from Apex, N.C., creates a beautiful press from a box using clay and a plaster mold.
Native plants are combined with unique spirals and a new patio to match these creative homeowners' style.