Frosted Glass Folded Handkerchief Votive
Jodi McRaney Rush recycles glass into this frosted-glass votive candleholder.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
6" x 6" frosted recycled glass square
8" x 8" square fiber paper
2, 3" terra cotta flowerpots
stapler and staples
white vinegar and water in spray bottle.
micro fiber cloth
glass cutting gloves
1. Cut a 6" x 6" square of glass using glasscutters and running pliers. Wear glass cutting safety gloves.
3. Fold fiber paper over the pots while wearing latex gloves.
4. Staple the fiber paper over pots in the shape of an upside down muffin cup (handkerchief).
5. Place the pots with the fiber paper in the kiln.
6. Wash the glass square thoroughly with vinegar and water and a micro fiber cloth.
7. Center the glass square over the fiber paper on the pots forming a handkerchief-like shape.
8. Select the appropriate slumping firing schedule for the glass and kiln. Fire and let cool.
Sol Mesz demonstrates her technique for making this stylish candle holder.
Create this beautiful box made of glass and beads to store your treasures.
Think stained glass is only for windows? Jonas Beirs shows how the art can be applied in many ways in a home from doors to...