Field of Flowers Mixed Media Photo Frame
Jacki Gran creates a mixed-media photo frame titled Field of Flowers.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
wood picture frame
- light green
- dark green
- light blue
- dark blue
black permanent marker
red, light green and yellow stained glass
glass nippers (lepps)
bowl with water
1. Draw a desired scene on the picture frame with a pencil. Jacki Gran's drawing featured a field of grass at the bottom of the frame with a sky and sun at the top.
2. Paint the scene with acrylic paint as desired. Paint the grass green, the sky blue and sun yellow. Add red flowers with black centers, highlights of yellow in the grass and blue shadows on the grass (figure A).
3. Using a ruler and pencil draw the lines for printing desired phrase at the upper right of the frame (figure B).
4. Draw lettering using a black permanent marker, then erase the pencil lines when the marker is completely dry (figure C).
5. Varnish and let dry overnight.
6. Cut stained glass into pieces and shapes using a glasscutter and glass nippers (figure D). Caution: Wear protective safety glasses while cutting glass.
7. Adhere glass pieces on the sun, flowers and grass accents with Weldbond glue. Let dry overnight (figure E).
Cathy Aten attaches volcanic rocks, feathers, shells, black-eyed peas and soil in her "Portraits of Place" art collage.