Nearly No-Sew Felt Flower Pin
Make a bold statement with this colorful felt flower pin using a hot glue gun and embellishments like sequins and beads.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
stiff felt, assorted colors
embellishments: sequins, beads, pompons, rickrack, pipe cleaners, yarn, felt scraps, etc.
mini hot glue gun
mini hot glue sticks
1. This flower pin consists of two pieces: pattern A and pattern B. Both patterns are the same shape but different sizes. Pattern B will fit on the inside of pattern A. To create pattern A, use a compass to draw a circle 3-1/2 inches in diameter on a piece of card stock.
2. Using a protractor, divide the circle into six equal parts. Draw curved lines between each division of the circle to create the petals of the flower shape. Cut out the flower pattern with scissors.
3. To create pattern B, repeat the above steps using a 2-inch diameter circle.
4. With an iron, fuse the iron-on adhesive to half of the assorted felt colors.
5. Trace pattern A several times onto an assortment of the felt that does not have adhesive on it. Trace pattern B several times onto an assortment of felt that has adhesive on it. Cut out the flower shapes.
6. Mix and match patterns A and B in assorted colors to create an array of flowers in different colors. Using an iron, fuse patterns A and B together.
7. Embellish the flowers with sequins, beads, pompons, felt scraps and all kinds of notions you have hanging around. Hot glue and a needle and thread are all you need to dress these simple flowers into one-of-a-kind creations.
8. When the flowers are embellished, attach a pin back with hot glue to the back of each flower pin.
Create a one-of-a-kind monogrammed pendant for a special woman in your life.