Feather Accent Pillows
Create stylish pillows using colorful silk fabrics and feathers.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Soften a room with a feather-light touch by creating accent pillows adorned with feathers. Here’s how to make them:
Materials and Tools:
feather trim tape
collection of colored feathers
sewing machine and thread
permanent fabric glue
disappearing fabric pen
1. Measure pillow forms. Cut one piece of silk for each pillow. adding an inch all around for hem.
2. Fold fabric in half and turn under the two end edges for hem.
3. Lay the unfolded piece of fabric out on your surface with the hem side down.
4. Pin the feather tape along two edges of fabric. Be sure the feathers are facing inward so they will be face outward when the pillow is turned inside out.
5. Fold the fabric over again, and use the same pins you just used to pin the two sides together with the feather tape in between.
6. Sew the two seams with the feather tape in between and remove the pins.
7. The pillow is inside out, so turn it right side out and insert the pillow form.
8. Hand-stitch the remaining seam.
You can also hot-glue individual feathers along the inside seams and then hot-glue the seams themselves. This pillow should not be put in the washer or dryer.
Bring the soft, feminine look of shabby chic decor onto a slipcovered sofa, curvy chair or comfy bed with the addition of an...