Fabric Rose Pillow
These step-by-step instructions, designed and demonstrated by Vivian Peritts, will teach you how to make a beautiful fabric rose pillow.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
10" round pillow
4 Vivian's Garden rose kits
Vivian's Garden Sun Gun
Vivian's Garden veining tool
hot glue gun
24-1/2" circle of green fabric
sewing machine or hand-sewing supplies
1. Turn under the raw edge of the green fabric circle. Use a gathering stitch to gather the circle around the pillow.
3. Use the Sun Gun to curl the top edges of 36 flower petals.
4. Separate the petals into 18 small petals and 18 large petals. The larger petals will form the outer edges of the rose plow. The smaller petals will for the center of the pillow.
5. To form a tuck in the center of the large petals, pinch about 1/2 inch at the center bottom of each petal and add a dot of hot glue to hold the tuck. Make a similar tuck in 12 of the smaller petals.
6. Start with four small petals placed in the shape of a cross at the center of the pillow (covering the gathering thread). Overlap each petal about 1/2 inch at the center. Glue the base of the petals only.
7. The second row is six small petals glued in a circle. This row of petals displays approximately 1 to 1-1/2 inch of the petal beyond the first circle of petals.
8. The third row is eight small petals. The fourth row is nine large petals. The last outer row is nine large petals. Continue adding these petals as above.
9. Create a small rose with the fourth rose kit by following package instructions. Glue this rose to the center top of the pillow.