Envelope-Wreath Fold Paper Wall Hanging
Learn how to make a simple origami envelope wreath to hang on your wall throughout the holidays.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Kris Mason.
Materials and Tools
4 sheets Anna Griffin 12" x 12" paper*
7-1/4" circle template
liquid adhesive from Delta
adhesive-backed picture hanger
*Cut paper into 16 squares 6 inches each.
1. With the wrong side of one of the 6" squares facing up, fold the top left corner down to the bottom right corner. Fold all remaining pieces.
2. Stack all the triangle pieces. Lay the ruler on top of the stack and mark the stack 5-1/2" in from the left.
6. Press straight down on the crease squishing it into a flat kite shape.
7. To assemble the pieces: Working around a 7-1/4 " circle, lay the first piece down with the straight edge centered anywhere along the template. Place a small amount of adhesive in the center of the long flap.
8. Lay the next piece on top of the first. Let the left edge of the kite on piece #1 slide into the space behind the lower point of the kite of piece #2 about 1/2". Angle the top piece so the bottom edge meets the circle template and the top edges create a V shape.
9. Continue adding pieces in this manner, applying adhesive between each piece.
10. The first piece will sit on top of the last to complete the pattern.
11. To finish the project: Make bow loops with the wired ribbon. Arrange the ribbon and flowers as desired. Wire them to the folded wreath by poking small holes through to paper and twisting the wires at the back to secure. Hot glue can be used as an alternate method.
12. On the back of the wreath, place the adhesive photo hanger at the top center.
Transform journal pages and photos into hand-painted photo wall art.