How to Engrave a Sterling and Leather Cuff
Make a stylish, modern leather cuff bracelet engraved with the message of your choice.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
small faceted stones
anvil or metal block
1. Cut a small strip of leather with the shearer. Trim the edges with scissors. Coat the edges with edge coat and set aside to dry.
2. Draw/trace a shape on the sheet silver with a permanent marker.
3. Cut out the shape with the jeweler's saw. File the edges, and then sand the edges with three different grits of sandpaper.
4. Awl both ends of the piece to guide the drill bit. Then drill both sides.
5. Trace/draw what will be engraved onto the silver - in this case it's the word "human." Then engrave it.
6. Awl holes for stone or stones. Then drill holes for stones.
7. Set silver piece on leather and mark with the awl through the holes in the piece. Use the leather punch to make these holes in the leather.
8. Place the silver back on the leather and set the rivets through both the leather and the silver. Hammer the tops of the rivets carefully.
9. Place the stone in its hole on the silver. Use the graver to chip up four pieces of metal around the stone. Use a beading tool to soften these chips into balls.
10. Measure and punch holes for snaps. Set snaps.
Make this bracelet stamped with a special message and tied with a leather cord with these simple steps.
Make an elegant, daisy flower necklace pendant using sterling silver and semiprecious gems.
Show your personality through your handbag using leather and beads.