Doggie Bag Backpack
Chie Turk sews fabric circles, cut into flower petals, a rectangle and a scrunchy to make this adorable doggie bag backpack.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Chie Turk from Santa Monica, Calif.
1/2-yard of four different fabrics (A, B, C, D)
1 yard of elastic
1. Fold fabric A in half twice and cut out a half circle. When you open it there should be two circles (figure A).
5. Stack all the circles (fabrics A, B and C) together and attach a button in the center to secure (figure E).
6. Cut a comfortable length of elastic to fit around your dog. Place a safety pin on one end of the elastic (figure F).
7. Cut fabric D three times the width and two times the length of the elastic.
8. Fold fabric D over the elastic and glue it to itself.
9. Gather fabric D, resembling a scrunchy (figure G), and hand-stitch the two ends of the elastic together.
10. Cut out a rectangle from fabric D the width of your largest circle.
11. Fold the rectangle in half, inside out, and glue the sides shut leaving the top open.