Doggie Bag Backpack
Chie Turk sews fabric circles, cut into flower petals, a rectangle and a scrunchy to make this adorable doggie bag backpack.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Chie Turk from Santa Monica, Calif.
1/2-yard of four different fabrics (A, B, C, D)
1 yard of elastic
1. Fold fabric A in half twice and cut out a half circle. When you open it there should be two circles (figure A).
5. Stack all the circles (fabrics A, B and C) together and attach a button in the center to secure (figure E).
6. Cut a comfortable length of elastic to fit around your dog. Place a safety pin on one end of the elastic (figure F).
7. Cut fabric D three times the width and two times the length of the elastic.
8. Fold fabric D over the elastic and glue it to itself.
9. Gather fabric D, resembling a scrunchy (figure G), and hand-stitch the two ends of the elastic together.
10. Cut out a rectangle from fabric D the width of your largest circle.
11. Fold the rectangle in half, inside out, and glue the sides shut leaving the top open.
Sarah Edwards demonstrates how to knit then felt an ice cream sundae-inspired tote bag.