Dimensional Beach Page
Renee Sparks shares a technique that adds dimension and incorporates mementos from a beach vacation.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
beach-themed paper, two sheets of the same design (here a sandcastle page is used)
a recycled plastic window
foam core board
sharp craft knife
sea glass, seashells and sand
pen or pencil
acrylic craft paint and brush
- On one sheet of the beach-themed paper, cut away windows and doors. Place paper on foam core board. Trace around outer perimeter, the cut-out windows and doors.
- Use sharp craft knife to cut outlines and window/door openings (this may need to be done 2-3 times for a clean cut).
- Use acrylic craft paint and brush to cover the exposed edges of foam core (inside windows and outer edges).
- Next, affix castle paper to top surface of foam core using double-sided tape.
- Fill the recycled window with seashells. Secure to base page, add photos so they appear through windows or doors. Use same technique to add small bottles or containers filled with sand or sea glass to the base page, then layer the foam core castle over to contain the window and give the page dimension.
- Add dimensional stickers to embellish the finished page as desired.
Stamp a simple and fun page for the fisherman -- or woman -- in your life.