Decorative Pressed Clay Tile
Leo Peck transforms clay into a decorative pressed tile.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
cone 3-Peck tile clay body
cone 04 satin matte glaze
cone 04-stain mix overspray
square "cookie cutter" tool
slab rolling machine
2-ton hand press
4" x 4" master border tile
2" x 2" coffee cup tile
sponge and water
1. Prepare clay (wedge it) and roll out the slab.
2. Cut out 6" x 6" piece of clay with the tile cutter.
3. Place master tile on top and press into a wet clay tile with a two-ton hand press.
4. Remove tile and place the 4" x 4" master tile on top of the clay and press using hand press.
5. Remove tiles from the press. Using hands, press a small 1-1/2 inch or 2 inch master coffee cup tile onto the clay.
Diane Emerson impresses garden materials into clay tiles and adds copper highlights to create her garden tile hanging.