Decorated Recipe Box
Turn a wooden box into an eye-catching recipe holder with paint, stamps and paper.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Kerry Umbanhowar from Phoenix.
Materials and Tools:
6" x 4" unfinished wooden box
alphabet divider cards
paper arts glue
small hole punch
1. Paint entire box in your color of choice.
2. Cut patterned paper to fit top of box. Ink edges and stamp 'Recipe Box' on paper.
3. Stick label sticker on front corner. Use rub-ons to personalize.
4. For index cards: Decide how many divider cards you will need. Cover with patterned paper, adhere with glue, and flatten with brayer (rolling tool). Let dry.
5. Using a rubber stamp alphabet, stamp header on tab of divider card.
6. Use hole punch to make two holes and tie ribbon through into a bow.
7. Personalize each divider card using cooking quotes or food words.
8. Insert blank index cards to fill later with recipes.