Custom Envelope Design Techniques
Try this technique for creating custom envelopes — complete with coordinating liner paper.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designer Jone Hallmark shares her technique for creating custom envelopes.
- To create your own template, gently open an envelope at the seams and spread flat. Or consider purchasing a template, or using the one below.
- Choose coordinating papers and place template on papers — if purchasing a template, try to select a clear plastic one, or consider transferring the template to vellum first.
- Carefully trace around the template and cut paper. A ruler or straight-edge can guide the folds as you turn sides inward, then bottom and top flaps.
- Before gluing folds into place, use an envelope to trace and cut a lining on coordinating paper. Create a lining template if you plan to make more than one envelope of this style.
- Glue folds in place. Then, glue lining to envelope only on top flap. The bottom of the lining that sits inside the envelope needs to be free when the top flap is opened and closed. It may to necessary to trim around the edges of the top flap where the two papers are glued together.
Learn how to create a decorative garden screen to create privacy in your yard.