Create a mini book for any album or scrapbook with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Erika Hayes from Phoenix, Ariz.
Six years ago, Erika was relaxing one evening with her husband while he was looking at the kids' photographs and she was stamping some note cards. He tossed a photograph over to Erika and it happened to land just as she was stamping. The impression went on the photograph; Erika loved it and thought she had invented something totally new! She took it to show a girlfriend, who asked, "When did you start scrap booking?" That's how her eyes were opened wide to this new world! In this project, she creates a mini book that can be used for any kind of album.
1. Trace laminate chips (samples from home improvement store) onto back of patterned paper and cut out.
2. Cover the under side of laminate chip with patterned paper. Trim around chip to remove excess paper. Ink edges.
3. Stamp "S" onto card stock. Cut a strip of card stock.
4. Using rub-ons, adhere "ketch" (remainder of word "sketch") to card stock. Ink edges.
5. Adhere "S" to strip and adhere that to front cover of book.
6. Cut strip of card stock. Stamp "book" and ink edges. Adhere to front cover of book.
7. Cut signature pages of book from card stock. Cut strips of card stock for the index tabs. Write section titles. Ink edges and adhere to signature.
8. Trim patterned paper to size and cover with patterned paper.
9. Punch holes in signatures. Thread large library ring through covers and signatures. Tie various ribbons around ring.
Linda Womack applies melted beeswax to her botanical collage for an antique yellow hue.