Kristen Rae Luce demonstrates how to make a one-of-a-kind collage card, which is a colorful fusion of assorted mediums.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
handmade card materials
clear acid free craft glue
assorted rubber stamps
found magazines, pictures, catalogs, stickers
UHU glue stick
walnut ink spray
embellishments: fibers, broken jewelry, trinkets etc.
1. Pick a favorite paper, any size for the body of the card.
2. Fold paper in half with a bone folder and choose either a horizontal or vertical shape.
3. Place found pictures or shapes on the card until you achieve a preferred composition (figure A). Use handmade papers, scrapbook papers or textured papers.
4. Glue papers down securely with a glue stick.
5. Spray walnut ink over your card to convey an antique look (figure C). Remove excess ink with a paper towel.
6. Let card dry.
Get kids involved in holiday decorating with these handmade cards and projects.
Tell Dad you think he's the coolest with a hip, handmade card.
Make unique handmade greeting cards using inked stamps for a watercolor effect without the brush.