How to Make a Clay Leaf Tray
Turn a leaf into your own work of art by crafting it into a tray.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
knife or credit card
1. Roll out a slab of clay to the desired thickness. Wedge and shape the clay to the general size of a leaf.
2. Place the leaf on the slab and press down to make the leaf impression in the clay. Cut away excess clay around the leaf shape with a knife or the corner of a credit card.
3. Using the tip of a paintbrush or other small tool, extend the lines of the leaf veins.
4. Mold to the desired smoothness.
5. Fire in a kiln. Allow to cool.
6. Paint glaze colors on the edges and the inside of the leaf tray.
7. Place glass globs around the inside of the tray.
8. Place the tray in the in kiln for a final firing.
Create a beautifully chic serving tray for entertaining by lining its surface with gold leaf.