Clay Box with Flower Lid
Katie Pell shows how to sculpt this clay flower box.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Katie Pell from San Antonio, Texas.
Katie Pell studied painting in art school but has been making functional clay pieces since she took a ceramics class. She makes a hand-built ceramic box with chunky style. She describes the box as "Fred Flintstone meets Versailles."
Materials and Tools:
1. Roll out slab of clay and cut out pieces. Put one piece on clay bump to use as convex lid.
2. Score leather-hard pieces and stick them together.
3. Assemble the box without the lid.
4. Push out sides to make the shape fuller and stuff with newspaper.
5. Lay lid on top and attach to thinner slab.
Store your menorah candles in this box by following these steps by Lisa Pavelka.