Ceramic Flower Card
Age the paper for this ceramic flower card with a brown stamp pad.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Courtesty of Jennifer Heynen from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Materials and Tools:
8-1/2" x 11" orange cardstock
brown stamp pad
6 pink brads
2 ceramic leaves
flower stem rubberstamp
alphabet stickers ("thanks" black text on clear circles)
1. Fold an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of orange cardstock in half with the short edges together (figure A).
2. Age the orange cardstock with a brown stamp pad (figure B).
3. Tear a 3" x 5" rectangle from ivory paper using a ruler as a guide.
4. Age the ivory paper with the brown stamp pad (figure C).
5. Cut a green paper rectangle slightly larger than the ivory paper rectangle.
6. Cut a rectangle of pink paper for placement below the ivory rectangle.
7. Cut a 3" x 1" rectangle for grass then snip a zigzag cut across the top.
9. Apply green marker to the flower stem rubber stamp. Stamp a green stem on the ivory paper (figure E).
10. Assemble the card:
- Glue the ivory rectangle onto the green rectangle.
- Glue the green rectangle onto front of the orange card.
- Glue the pink rectangle on the lower third of the green rectangle below the ivory paper (figure F).
11. Apply the words "thanks" spelled from alphabet stickers (black text on clear circles) onto the piece of ribbon (figure G).
12. Punch holes in the four corners of the ivory rectangle using a needle tool and insert a pink brad in each corner (figure H). Punch a hole in the upper right corner of the pink rectangle and lower left corner of the pink rectangle.
13. Raised ribbon with brads:
- Punch a hole in the center of the ribbon on the left side and insert a brad through this hole and the left side hole on the pink rectangle.
- Punch a hole in the center of the ribbon on the right side and insert a brad through this hole and the right side hole on the pink triangle.
- The ribbon will be raised from the surface of the card (figure I).
In this project, James Bertelson makes delightful wrapped-paper items from Japanese handmade papers, including a wrapped cigar...
Make unique handmade greeting cards using inked stamps for a watercolor effect without the brush.
Find natural inspiration to create a delightful handmade card this season with organic elements that you can find outside your...