Cell Phone and Lipstick Cases
Projects by Helen Gibb.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Cell Phone Holder
Materials and Tools:
13" of 1-3/4" wide metallic jacquard ribbon
5" of 1-3/4" wide ribbon to match fabric
5" of 1/2" wide chenille edged ribbon
medium faceted crimson bead
12 crimson seed beads
30 gold seed beads
large snap closure
two 8" squares of red dupioni silk fabric
8" square of 1/4" thick batting
5" x 1-1/2" fusing material
thread for hand sewing
1. Sew the 8-inch square of batting to one piece of the silk fabric.
2. Sew 8 inches of jacquard ribbon to the center of the other piece of silk fabric.
3. With right sides together, sew the two pieces of silk fabric together, leaving a 4-inch opening on one side to turn the fabric right side out. Turn.
4. Fold the fabric right sides together and stitch along the side seams of the fabric that have no ribbon.
5. Position/flatten the fabric seam so it is in the center, and sew across the bottom of the pouch.
6. Make the chenille-edged rosette using the U-gather stitch pattern.
7. Sew the flower to the 5-inch piece of jacquard ribbon (tab closure).
9. Line the back of the tab closure by fusing a plain red ribbon to the back. Turn the ends under before fusing. Stitch the closure to the back of the pouch.
10. Sew a snap to the inside front of the closure and to the front of the pouch.
Kristal Wick from Arvada, Colo. makes a hand-painted black silk cell phone satchel, enhancing it with hammered copper, silk...