Bountiful Fall Centerpiece
The fruits and flowers of fall combine beautifully to create a rustic arrangement sure to be the star of your Thanksgiving table.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
white mini pumpkins
hydrangeas (fresh or dried)
seeded eucalyptus sprays
hot glue gun and glue sticks
Note: The amount of materials needed depends on the size of the container and desired fullness of the arrangement
1. Cut dry floral foam so it will snugly fit container. Be sure to leave the foam one to two inches taller than the edge of the container to give the finished arrangement height. Place foam in a sink filled with water and allow it to soak up moisture until fully saturated. Tip: Don't try to speed up the process by pushing the foam into the water, this will create dry spots in the foam.
2. Place the now-saturated floral foam in container. Secure it with floral tape placed in criss-cross fashion across the foam, the ends of the tape attached to the inside of the container.
3. Insert wooden skewers into mini pumpkins and plums and add these to centerpiece. If skewers are too long, remove from arrangement, cut off excess, then reinsert.
4. Attach grapevine balls to wooden skewers with hot glue and add these to arrangement, again cutting skewers to the correct length.
5. Fill spaces between plums, pumpkins and grapevine balls with clusters of hydrangeas. Finish by adding branches of seeded eucalyptus for added texture.