Bottle Cap Photo Magnet
Chris Young makes a family photo bottle cap magnet.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
unused bottle caps
copy of a photograph
20- or 22-gauge wire
assorted beads and charms
dimensional adhesive or lacquer
7/8" hole punch
large metal washer
small jewelry pliers
1. Pull the plastic seal out of the bottle cap.
2. Tap a small hole into the flanged rim of the bottle cap with a hammer and awl to create a dangle piece. The decorative dangle feature can be adorned with beads/charms.
3. Place the bottle cap on a hard surface with the edge facing up. Lay a metal washer on top of the bottle cap and hammer lightly around the edge of the washer until the edge of the bottle cap turns down and forms a frame.
4. Punch out the image with a hole punch to place in the bottle cap frame.
5. Glue the image inside the bottle cap.
6. Assemble beads or charms on wire and position in the hole that was formed on the bottle cap rim.
7. Cut a small piece of magnet tape and stick it to the back of the bottle cap.
8. Fill the inside of the bottle cap on top of the image with dimensional adhesive or a lacquer and let dry overnight.
Embellish a basic thrift-store or hand-me-down white tablecloth with strips of inexpensive burlap to give the plain table linen...