Blue Flat Stone Necklace
Candace Marquette uses her art backround to make a blue flat stone necklace.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Candace Marquette from Allen, Texas.
Candace, a fun and spunky new mom, has a background in fine art and graphic design. She enjoys combining her art background with making things out of used or found objects.
12" leather cord
copper-plated silver wire
flat stone pendant
art colored pencils
clear varnish spray
1. Color on a small piece of paper with various blue colored pencils. Color both sides. Make sure you blend the colors together to give it a cool look.
2. Once you have a desired shade of blues, cut out a square and match it to the size of the square pendant. Alter size until it fits onto the stone. Make sure that the edge of the stone shows.
3. Spray clear varnish on artwork and stone.
4. Start wrapping wire around the stone vertically. Make sure to leave extra wire available for the hoop.
5. Once wire is wrapped and hoop is made, slide the leather wire cord through wire hoop.
6. Attach crimp bead at each end of leather cord. Press tight to close with the flat pliers.
7. Attach jump to the end of the crimp bead and slide jump ring through one toggle clasp.
8. Repeat process on other side.