"Blue Eyes" Scrapbook Layout
Erika Hayes adds everyday items to her scrapbook pages to create fun layouts.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Erika Hayes from Phoenix, Ariz.
Six years ago, Erika was relaxing one evening with her husband while he was looking at the kids' photographs and she was stamping some note cards. He tossed a photograph over to Erika and it happened to land just as she was stamping. The impression went on the photograph; Erika loved it and thought she had invented something totally new! She took it to show a girlfriend, who asked, "When did you start scrap booking?" That's how her eyes were opened wide to this new world! She uses everyday items to create a fun scrapbook page.
black 8-1/2" x 11" card stock
blue, red patterned paper
alphabets stickers "E Y E S"
1. Cut red patterned paper to leave a small border to show black card stock. Ink the red paper and add it to the card stock.
2. Cut white patterned paper into a large square. Crinkle and ink. Adhere to layout.
3. Cut letters "B L U E" from patterned paper and adhere to layout. Apply "e y e s" stickers over blue letters.
4. Mount photo to red patterned paper. Cut paper to leave a 1/4-inch mat. Mount on black card stock and cut to leave a 1/4-inch mat.
5. Adhere metal photo corners to photo. Adhere matted photo to layout.
6. Poke hole in playing card using 1/8-inch hole punch.
7. Adhere hinge to playing card using decorative brads.
8. Punch holes in side of the card. Tie ribbon around card.
9. Punch hole in layout and adhere other side of hinge to layout using decorative brads.
10. Add journaling under the card.
11. Attach library index tab with brads. Adhere library index tab and pattern paper to layouts. Tie ribbon around tab.
12. Punch out date and name. Adhere to layout.
13. Add "love" sticker to layout.
In this project, Lindsay Teague demonstrates a double-page Hawaiian-themed layout using several scrapbooking techniques.