Beaded Zebra Purse
Create a funky purse out of a paper mache box.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Linda Welsh-Peterson.
Materials and Tools:
papier mache box
silver spray paint
2 black pony beads
1/8" gauge armature wire
22-gauge black wire
awl or hole punch
two-part quick epoxy
double-sided tape sheet or scraps
2 packs black Very Tiny Glass Marbles
black glitter (optional)
black embossing powder (optional)
1. Spray paint entire box metallic silver. Allow to dry.
2. Mark holes in box for handle. Punch holes. Punch a hole in the center front of the box.
3. Cut pointed strips with scissors. Begin with front of box, working up over top and to the back. Arrange sides last. Arrange strips on box as desired.
5. Peel off pink liner (if having trouble, slightly heat with heat gun to curl pink liner.) Dip into beads. Dust with embossing powders and glitter if desired.
6. Cut armature wire to 12 inches. Bend and shape as desired.
7. Cut a 3-inch piece of 18-gauge black wire. Curl one end. Thread the straight end through the hole from the inside of the box to outside. Wrap around handle wire and thread back through.
8. Pull ends of wire tight. Thread both ends of wire through pony bead and wrap wire ends around bead to secure. Repeat this step for other box.
9. Cut a 4-inch piece of black 22-gauge wire. Bend in half. Secure loop by wrapping with wire. Poke both ends through hole and through bead, and wrap ends around bead to secure.
Add some creative style to your scrapbook pages with a shaker box and beaded wire wording.