Beaded Lace Thank You Card
How to make an elegant thank-you card.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Suzanne Glazier from North Bend, Wash.
Suzanne’s lace beaded thank you card is such a clever idea. She uses a piece of lace fabric as a resist when applying gold and black microbeads. The lace is peeled off to reveal a beautiful beaded lace look on an elegantly simple card.
black, gold card stock
black, gold glass microbeads
sticky tape sheet
PSX "Thank You" rubber stamp
black StazOn ink pad
dish or craft tray
1. Cut an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of black card stock. Score and fold in half.
2. Cut a 5-1/4" x 4" sheet of strong adhesive tape.
3. Peel off one liner and carefully center it on the front of the card.
4. Cut a 2" x 1-1/2" piece of gold card stock. Use a corner rounder on all four corners.
5. Stamp message with black Staz On ink and let dry completely.
6. Remove the top liner from the tape. Using tweezers, carefully place the gold card stock onto the card front. Try not to touch the exposed tape.
7. Lay a piece of fabric lace over the whole card front and gently smooth it down to eliminate any wrinkles.
8. Place gold micro beads into a flat dish or craft tray. Lay the card front into the beads and press firmly. Lift card and repeat until the exposed tape is covered.
9. Use an old hard rubber brayer to press the beads firmly into the tape. If the room is cool, you can gently warm the tape with your embossing tool to make the tape softer. Then brayer the beads firmly down into the tape.
10. Pull the lace off the card. Safety glasses or great care should be used because some beads will fly off when you pull up the lace, and you want to protect your eyes.
11. Place black micro beads into a flat dish or craft tray. Lay the card front into the beads and press firmly. Lift card and repeat until all of the newly exposed tape is covered.
12. There will be some gaps between the beads. If this is bothersome to you, glitter or embossing powder can fill them nicely. Add a gold cord or ribbon.
Web site: www.PennyWiseArts.com
Audience members share their creative holiday ideas. Make a snowman out of dryer-vents, and turn all your holiday cards into a...
Make your gift packages more personalized with pop-up gift tags.