Beaded Beauty T-Shirt
Transform an ordinary white t-shirt into a glittering altered piece of clothing with the simple addition of decorative stamps and seed beads.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
boy's or men's basic white t-shirt
Beaded Beauties pansy stamp
iron or dryer
1. To alter the t-shirt: Cut the sleeves on the t-shirt at an angle to make cap sleeves.
2. Turn under the cut sleeve twice and sew.
3. Find the center of the t-shirt and cut a 3-inch slit down the middle (you may need to adjust the slit according to the size of the person wearing the top).
5. Place the packet on the front of the tee and stitch 1/4 inch from the edge following the slit.
6. Fold the placket to the inside of the tee and top-stitch in place.
7. Using fabric ink, stamp the Beaded Beauties stamp in the center under the placket. When ink is dry, heat set
8. Using watered-down acrylic paints, carefully paint image. Heat set when paint is dry.
9. With a beading needle and knotted thread, come up thought any dot on the image, place a seed bead on the needle, go back down though that dot, come up though the next dot, and repeat until entire image has been beaded.
10. Embroider decorative stitches around neckline and cap sleeves.
11. Don’t stop there; you can add beaded details to dress shirts, jackets and purses. The more beads, the merrier.
Project designed by Ana A. Araujo.
Author and gardening expert Marianne Binetti shows how to make a fern house and how to decorate with an inked palm frond.