All-In-One Envelope Card
Learn how to make this festive 4th of July envelope card.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project designed by Leila Steineckert.
Materials and Tools:
1/16" or 1/8"hole punch
tape or glue
embossing heat gun
large kid's paint brush
papers: red, white, gold
gold leafing pen
Stamp Francisco Statue of Liberty stamp MA 414-D
Ann-ticipations "We the People" and & flag stamps
Stamp It! Eagle stamp #I 51
Stampington & Co., "Oh, Beautiful" stamp M4553
Art Gone Wild "God Bless America" stamp E3-1358
1. Using a template, cut out and score your envelope, which is also your card.
2. Using 8-1/2" X 11" card stock, mark dots that measure l/2", l/2", l/2", 1/2", l", 3/4", l", l/2", l-l/2", l/2", and 1-1/2" horizontally across the width of the paper.
3. With a metal stylus and a ruler, score across the length of the paper using the above measurements as your guide for the lines.
4. Cut strips of paper that measure about l/2" or 3/4" wide vertically. These strips will create the steps for your pop-outs. One sheet will produce many step units for cards. You will use one step unit for a card.
5. To create the step unit, start at the end of the strips that has four 1/2" lines. Make four mountain folds, which will create a box shape. Glue this box shape to the strip.
6. At the other end of the strip, fold the last four lines into a rectangle box shape and glue this box shape to the strip.
7. The remaining two lines in the middle of the strip fold so you create a bridge between the two box shapes. The unit should look like steps.
8. Stand the unit up and add tape to the bottoms of the boxes. Note: The bridge should be on top when doing this step.
9. Fold the unit flat with the large box in front. Place the edge of the large box on the inside edge of the fold of the card and close the card. The taped ends will automatically be positioned in the correct spots of the card.
10. Cut a strip of card stock that measures l/2" x 2-1/2". Fold the strip in half and then fold the ends of the strip to the center of the fold. It will look like the letter "M". Glue one leg of this "M" to rectangle box at the top.
11. Fold the step unit flat with the "M" strip folded, and add tape to the other leg of the "M". Close the card and the "M" unit will attach itself to the card.
12. Stamp and decorate the card. You can add stamped images and sayings to the fronts of the three steps for the pop-outs.
1. After measuring and making horizontal lines on the 8-1/2" x 11" card stock, you can photocopy it. Now you just need to photocopy this master when you need to make strips again. There's no need to measure again since you have a master copy.
2. This card is great to use for photographs.
3. It is a fun card for an invitation to a party.
4. Remember to check the layout of your pop-outs so they do not go beyond the inside creases of the envelope.