How to make an African doll using fabric, a bottle and trinkets.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by La Fawnda Watson from Monrovia, Calif.
La Fawnda's Afrocentric dolls were inspired by a painting of 10 colorful faceless African women. She created her own version of the painting by creating her own faceless African women dolls.
beads, shells, found objects
1. Tape top of a bottle closed.
2. Cut out a small square of fabric. Place a ball of cotton in the middle of fabric. Gather the fabric and cotton around top of the bottle.
3. Wrap fabric with yarn around top tightly.
4. Wrap bottom part of bottle with large square of fabric. Pull up to head.
5. Wrap yarn crisscross around middle of bottle to form a chest.
6. Wrap yarn down one side to make right arm.
7. Wrap yarn back to the other side to make left arm.
8. Once the body is made, tie the yarn and cut.
9. Dress doll, and add hair and other found objects.
Web site: www.mcwatsonscorner.com
Use materials from other projects to make an African doll with these step-by-step instructions.