'About Me' Circle Scrapbook
Terri M. Bradford from Henderson, Colo., makes a circular embellished scrapbook based on an "About Me" theme. It includes interior handcrafted pages to display photos and envelopes created for hidden journaling or memorabilia.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
chipboard album or sheet of chipboard
10-12 sheets patterned paper or card stock
circle cutter or craft knife
liquid embossing medium
pigment inks (optional)
double-sided tape or glue
computer and printer (optional)
loose-leaf binding rings
1. Using a CD or other circular object, you can create your own cover by tracing on chipboard, or buy a pre-made shape for the front and back covers.
2. Choose at least two coordinating papers to be used to cover the outside of the album. Cut two circles about 1/2 inch larger than covers (to use on the outside) and two circles 1/4 inch smaller than the covers (to use on the inside).
3. Chalk or ink each outside edge if desired.
4. Starting with the outside covers, center and adhere the larger circles to each cover. On the excess edge of the patterned paper, cut several slits to wrap and adhere to inside cover. Once complete, use the smaller circles to cover wrap and finish each cover.
5. Adhere embellishments and stickers to cover for decoration. Set aside to dry.
6. Cut inside pages using patterned paper or card stock the same size as the covers (approximately 10 pages/20 sides). Chalk or ink if desired.
7. Punch a hole in all pages at the top or side for binding.
8. Decorate scrapbook with photos of your life, people or things that are important to you. Use stickers, computer journaling, tags, stamping, etc., to show your personality.
9. Create and hide your personal journaling in envelopes; embellish and adhere to pages with titles.
10. To complete your scrapbook, line up all holes on inner pages and outer covers. Guide your pages and covers through an open loose-leaf binding ring and secure ring.
11. Cut coordinating ribbons or fibers and tie onto the ring for added charm.
Web site: www.scrapbookwebdesign.com
Melissa Papke assembles a creative painted scrapbook with pockets to hold memorabilia.