Build a Bedside Table
This bedside-table project gives you three design options all based on the same basic construction plan. Just decide on a budget and choose a design to fit it.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Additional Materials and Tools:
wooden ball feet
electric sander or sandpaper
woven thatch matting
¾-inch birch plywood (for box drawer)
1. Before assembling the table, stain each piece including the wooden ball feet.
2. Apply three coats of polyurethane, with a light sanding between coats.
3. When dry, mount the fluorescent light to the underside of the top piece.
4. Attach all the pieces according to the basic-table instructions. Cut a hole in the bottom corner of the back panel to accommodate the light cord.
5. Measure and cut the birch plywood into pieces for a box drawer to fit the bottom shelf. Also cut two strips for the front panel. Stain and add a polyurethane finish. Allow it to dry, and assemble the box. Add a drawer pull and the strips of plywood to the front panel. Glue the travel labels to the front panel.
6. Cut the woven thatch matting to fit the top, and stain it to match the table. Attach it with spray adhesive and cut off the excess with a craft knife.
7. For a finished look along the matting, use a miter saw to cut strips of L-molding (or have the pieces cut at a home-improvement center). Apply the stain and polyurethane, and secure them with nails.
8. Protect the matting with a piece of Plexiglas cut to size.
Basic cabinet boxes are built then accented with an exotic hardwood to create high-end looking nightstands.
Dress up your bedroom with handmade wall-mounted bedside tables.(video 02:19)
Spruce up your bedroom with easy-to-make decorative bedside tables. They take less than a weekend to make and cost less than...