Could your bathroom shower use a little updating? Check out the newest trends.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Bigger is better when it comes to showers these days. Dual-income families want bigger showers — or at least ones that look bigger — with multiple shower heads so everyone can get ready for work at the same time.
Here’s what you need to know about outfitting a large shower:
- The illusion of greater space is created with clean lines. Glass shower doors are now frameless.
- A bench for relaxing in the shower is a popular option.
- Not only are multiple shower heads a growing trend, but so are multiple sprays for each head.
- Control valves are more sophisticated to meet the demands of multiple shower heads. A thermostat can be preset with one control, while the volume is set with another.
- Shower-head options include the European-style hand-held shower head, the oversize rain-shower head, a rain bar consisting of a strip of jets that can be installed vertically or horizontally as a long cross section, and multiple body-spray heads (either three or six are used and customized to spray at knee level, midbody, and shoulder height).
- The cost of a deluxe shower begins at $15,000.
Whether you're remodeling or upgrading, get the latest tips on shower enclosures and showerheads -- plus what tile works best...