Bathroom Style Guide
You probably know the difference between traditional and modern, but a cohesive look is all in the details. Use these tips to refine your bathroom's style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Cottage: Casual, warm and reminiscent of country style, cottage continues to gain popularity.
- Commonly used architectural features are hardwood floors and beadboard or wainscot paneling.
- Cabinets resemble antique furniture and are often painted or distressed.
- Fabric patterns are traditional such as florals, checks, damask, toile or stripes.
- Vintage or hand-me-down accessories are part of the decor and add personality.
- Color choices are often feminine and softer in tone.
- Shop for vintage accessories and cottage-style furniture at estate sales, antique auctions, flea markets and thrift stores.