Bathroom Style Guide
You probably know the difference between traditional and modern, but a cohesive look is all in the details. Use these tips to refine your bathroom's style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Modern: Sleek, streamlined and clutter-free, this style makes liberal use of reflective materials such as glass, chrome and solid-surface countertops.
- Clean lines and simple, geometric shapes are key.
- Mid-Century Modern style, a '50s take on Modern style, continues to grow in popularity.
- Choose sleek materials such as stainless steel and glass tile.
- Keep cabinetry free of fussy details. Popular wood choices are also eco-friendly, such as bamboo and cork.
- Modern style is clutter-free; ample concealed storage for toiletries is a necessity.
- All-white is a popular palette especially when paired with pops of energizing colors such as turquoise, red, orange and yellow.
Love vintage baths? Today's hottest designers dish the details on four classic styles.
What to consider when installing new bathroom cabinets, including price, styles and if you should - or shouldn't - follow the...
Granite, solid-surface, tile or quartz, which one should you choose? Industry insiders share the pros and cons of each surface...