Bathroom Style Guide
You probably know the difference between traditional and modern, but a cohesive look is all in the details. Use these tips to refine your bathroom's style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Traditional: Generally formal in style with classic architectural details. Heavy use of natural stone, carved or embellished cabinetry and vintage-look fixtures.
- In traditional style, balance is key. When in doubt, buy a pair.
- Marble and granite are best bets for countertops. Other options are concrete, pewter or hammered copper.
- Dark wood finishes are favored; select cabinets with timeless flair.
- Incorporate classic shapes, such as urns, columns, curves and scrolling leaves or flowers.
- A traditional-style bathroom best fits a traditional-style home but, truly, will work in any style home.
- Colors can be bold or subtle with classic patterns in wallpaper, shower curtains and linens adding extra oomph.