Bathroom Style Guide
You probably know the difference between traditional and modern, but a cohesive look is all in the details. Use these tips to refine your bathroom's style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Traditional: Generally formal in style with classic architectural details. Heavy use of natural stone, carved or embellished cabinetry and vintage-look fixtures.
- In traditional style, balance is key. When in doubt, buy a pair.
- Marble and granite are best bets for countertops. Other options are concrete, pewter or hammered copper.
- Dark wood finishes are favored; select cabinets with timeless flair.
- Incorporate classic shapes, such as urns, columns, curves and scrolling leaves or flowers.
- A traditional-style bathroom best fits a traditional-style home but, truly, will work in any style home.
- Colors can be bold or subtle with classic patterns in wallpaper, shower curtains and linens adding extra oomph.
Love vintage baths? Today's hottest designers dish the details on four classic styles.
From glass to metal to faux hardwood, we profile the latest styles in bathroom tile.
Thinking of adding some pizzazz to the powder room? Create a stunning look in your bathroom with a tile design that suits your...(12 photos)