New technology is transforming basic necessities in the bath. We explore some of the latest products that are both beautiful and highly functional.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
As technology transforms our lives, it’s also transforming the way we look at our bathrooms and what we consider to be bath necessities. Here’s a look at the trends:
- Communication technology for the bath includes flat-screen TVs, sophisticated sound systems and telephones for tub and toilet. Phones in the toilet area are part of the expanding communication technology for baths.
- Innovations in design make products extremely easy to use while beautiful to look at.
- Products for tubs and showers are evolving to offer professional spa features such as multiple body sprays, steam rooms, air tubs and Japanese soaking tubs.
- The latest innovation in shower design eliminates enclosures so that the shower becomes more a part of the room.
- Radiant heating is an important element in new bath design. It’s used for heating a floor, towels or the air. New radiant heaters have a modern, sculptural look.
- Walk-in showers, showers with benches, taller toilets and wall toilets hung high are some of the latest designs that help with accessibility for handicapped people. Grab bars are being made in decorative designs rather than with the typical functional stainless look.
- Another innovation in design involves incorporating features not typically found in the bath, such as a fireplace or a chandelier.
Using smart, eco-friendly materials and a fun, Caribbean color palette, designer Catherine Nakahara delighted her clients with...