HGTV's "Dress Up Your Design" Contest: Complete Official Rules
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Upload your photos and videos for the chance to win up to $500 in Etsy accessories.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only (including its territories, possessions, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal U.S. resident, 18 years or older, and accessing this site outside of the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths.
HGTV's "Dress Up Your Design" Contest
COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
1. How to Enter: The Home & Garden Television ("HGTV") "Dress Up Your Design" Contest (the "Contest") begins at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Time ["ET"]) on October 1, 2010, and ends at 5:00 p.m. (ET) on September 30, 2011 (the "Contest Period"). Participants must visit the HGTV website (www.hgtv.com) (the "Website") and complete the online entry form as instructed (limit one (1) online entry, per valid email address, per eligible person) and the Submission (as defined below). All entries must be received by 4:59:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2011 to be eligible. Each entry must also include entrant's ("Entrant") full name, age, address, phone number (including area code), and e-mail address. Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a Home & Garden Television ("Main Sponsor") will not verify receipt of entries.
2. Submission Requirements: Submissions for the Contest must consist of at least one (1) photo and/or one (1) video (no longer than three (3) minutes) that has been uploaded according to the instructions, and depicts a space that Entrant believes needs some design help (collectively, the "Submissions" and each, a "Submission"). HGTV is looking for originality, creativity, and overall appearance. All Submissions become the property of Main Sponsor and will not be returned. If Entrant is selected as a prospective Grand Prize Winner, Entrant will be required to execute and return releases and additional documentation supplied by Main Sponsor in accordance with Main Sponsor's instructions or such prospective finalist will be disqualified. Incomplete and/or late Submissions will also be disqualified.
Completed Submissions that are created and received within the above-mentioned guidelines shall collectively be referred to herein as the "Eligible Entries". Submissions that are not original work of the Entrant and/or illegible or incomplete application forms will not be accepted. Main Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of the policies of the Main Sponsor's customary standards and practices.
Only one (1) entry per Entrant. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entry, and that Entrant may be disqualified. In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to such registered user. The "registered user" is the natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the registered user of the e-mail address.
4. Winning/Notification: Twelve (12) Monthly Prize Winners will be selected based on the criteria below on the first business day of each month throughout the Contest Period starting on October 1, 2010, and ending on September 30, 2011, from among all eligible entries received by 5:59:59 p.m. ET on the date immediately prior to the applicable drawing. Winners of the prizes will be posted on the Website on a monthly basis as the information becomes available.
Potential Monthly Prize Winners will be contacted by email or phone within approximately five (5) days of the applicable drawing and will be notified by email, telephone, and/or overnight mail. Main Sponsor's decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final. If Main Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prize winner, if the potential prize winner fails to complete and return all forms by the specified date, or if potential prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner(s) shall be selected. All entries will be received and reviewed by Main Sponsor. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Compelling concept in overall appearance from the Submission (50%)
- Photo quality in the Submission (50%)
Prior to selection of each Prize Winner (defined below), Entrants and/or their Submissions may be featured on the Website; however, in no way shall such promotion influence the selection of any Prize Winner.
5. Prizes: Monthly Prize Winners: Twelve (12) Monthly Prize Winners will each win a selection of design accessories purchased from Etsy.com to re-decorate winner's space by Heather Armstrong and other HGTV talent as determined by Main Sponsor. (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") for each Prize: $500.00).
Total ARV of all Prizes: $6,000.00
All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the prizes above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the prizes described above not specifically addressed in the above description are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize is the responsibility of the respective winner. Each winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the cash value of the prize, if applicable. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Contest shall be solely determined by Contest Entities.
If a potential winner does not agree with all of the prize elements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected. No payments will be made to third parties. The Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any merchandise or product defects, and/or implementation of any prize, as applicable. No transfer or substitution for the any prize allowed except at Main Sponsor's sole discretion. Main Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the respective winner.
6. Prize Conditions: The potential prize winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"), to be signed and returned within five (5) days of notification date. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date or if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner shall be selected. If prize or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Except where prohibited by law, a potential winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said potential winner's Submission, name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. The prizes will be awarded.
7. Contest Conditions: Main Sponsor reserves the right to modify or edit the winning video Submission for content including all copyrights and trademarks, and Contest Entities or their assigned agent(s), will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the video, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Main Sponsor will own all rights to the winning Submission. Entries/Submissions become the property of Main Sponsor, and cannot be returned, and may be deemed a "promotional tool" of Main Sponsor under US copyright law. By entering the Contest, Entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to their Submission. To the extent Entrant has any rights in the Submission, Entrant assigns all such rights to Contest Entities by entering the Contest. Entries void if forged or if obtained/submitted outside authorized channels. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Main Sponsor, which shall be final and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Winners and Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal and Municipal laws and all State and local regulations. This offer is void where prohibited and/or restricted by law.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing, in person submission, or online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt in any way or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select a winner by randomly drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. In the event Main Sponsor chooses to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest or portion(s) thereof, Entrants may be disqualified without any further obligation of Main Sponsor. Submissions and/or Eligible Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Winners' List: Beginning on or about November 6, 2010, you may obtain the names of the Monthly Prize Winners by consulting the Website as the results become available. Results of the Contest will be removed from the Website on or about October 1, 2011.
10. Main Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a Home & Garden Television, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.
Style-maker Heather Armstrong selects new accessories for the October winner of Dress Up Your Design and shares why she thinks...(12 photos)
Each month, a lucky reader wins accessories from Etsy.com to complete a room on HGTV.com. For November's winner, Jonathan,...(12 photos)
The designers at HGTV.com share tips for displaying and storing accessories on floating shelves.(13 photos)