Bamboo and Tile Photo Display
Slate and bamboo get along beautifully in this project. Learn how to make an Asian-style bamboo and tile photo display for your home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Show off natural elements and your photos with this unique Asian-style display.
Tools and Materials:
10 pieces of 7-by-7-inch raw slate
10 photos printed on vellum paper (semitransparent paper)
industrial-strength spray glue
clear polyurethane spray
three wood dowels for trim
two dark bamboo rods (3 inches by 6 feet)
drill with a masonry bit
hot-glue gun and glue sticks
1. Cut prints into 5-by-5-inch squares.
2. Drill a small hole on the top of each piece of slate.
3. Attach photos to the center of the slate squares using spray glue. Press gently to secure.
4. Spray finished piece with clear polyurethane.
6. Run the twine through hole and secure with a strong knot. Leave enough slack to tie to the bamboo.
7. Drill evenly spaced holes in the bamboo rods. Thread the twine through the holes and knot.
8. Secure entire piece to wall studs.
Learn how to create these centerpieces that provide style and color with minimal care.
Make each room in your home a reflection of your favorite people, places and things.(10 photos)
Black-and-white frames work in any room and with many types of accessories. Check these photos out to see the different ways...(8 photos)