How to Get Your Home HGTV'd
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Are you ready for an amazing makeover? In each episode of HGTV'd, an HGTV star will travel cross-country in an 18-wheeler, surprising fans with a jaw-dropping makeover. Here are some guidelines for applying to be on the show.
Are you allowed to enter more than one room?
Each room is treated as a separate entry and only one room in any home can be in the running to be HGTV'd. However, if you want to apply individually for different spaces, we encourage you to upload more than one video!
Is there a deadline?
There isn't a deadline for submissions. HGTV'd will be working its way around the country so new submissions are always welcome! However, as we move into a new area we can only select from those submissions already in for that region so don't wait. We will continually be making decisions on new regions!
How are the participants/winners selected?
Participants are selected by reviewing all entries in any given area. However, we're always looking for amazing spaces to get HGTV'd and incredible, enthusiastic homeowners with a love of HGTV. We then take into account things like homeowner schedules, our HGTV stars' schedules, weather conditions, ability to work easily on site, etc.
Are all states considered?
Yes. Our goal at HGTV'd is to visit as much as the country as possible, so submit your plea today and yours might just be the next house HGTV'd!
What are the criteria for being selected?
The criteria are simple: great space, great homeowners! Beyond that we weigh elements such as rooms that can be transformed in a limited time (as we come in fast and create an incredible transformation), rooms that aren’t about infrastructure transformation but rather design transformation, rooms that are large enough to make a big statement, rooms that are fun, family-oriented spaces and of course, great families with amazing enthusiasm. It’s really about finding the perfect space and family to get HGTV'd — and pairing them with the perfect designer.
What all should be included in photos and/or video?
- We would like you to prepare a short, fun video of approximately three to four minutes tops in length. Do you have a friend or neighbor who can shoot this for you?
- The most important thing that we see in this video is your FUN PERSONALITY! Just relax and have a good time making this video! Please think of this as your entry "please pick us" video.
- Start out by introducing yourselves.
- Next, briefly tell us how much of an HGTV fanatic you are – what shows you love, your favorite designers, or you favorite room from a show!
- Then you and your family can show us the space you are looking to have HGTV'd and give us a tour. What do you hate about it? If you are chosen, how will HGTV'd transforming this area into a truly one-of-a-kind and jaw-dropping space change you and your family's life?
- Describe your fantasy space. What out-of-this-world features would you love to see in this space? How nutty are you willing to go? Is anything off limits?
- Close by telling us why you should be chosen for HGTV'd.
Remember, have fun with this video. More than anything, we are looking for PERSONALITY, ENERGY AND EXCITEMENT. YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE CHOSEN FOR HGTV'D.
Go to HGTV'd show page to upload your photos and/or videos
Go to all Be On HGTV listings
A few special decorating tips will add even more holiday cheer to your front entryway.
HGTV's Carter Oosterhouse and Monica Pedersen joined more than 350 volunteers from Rebuilding Together to renovate this home...(12 photos)
Choose your Disney destination and discover the summer memories waiting for you.(12 photos)