Do You Have an Interior Decorating Disaster in Your Home?
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Homeowners in the NY Tri-State, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Minneapolis areas: Do you have an interior decorating disaster in your home? Did you complete a DIY makeover that should have been a DI-Don’t? Has your design dream turned into a nightmare? Then HGTV is looking for you!
HGTV is NOW CASTING for energetic, fun-spirited homeowners in NY/NJ/CT, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Minneapolis who want to remedy their failed decorating attempts! Friends and families of homeowners may also apply: If you think your friend/relative needs a decorating intervention, let us know!
Homeowners, aka the "Design Victims:"
- Must have a hideous room (that can be fixed cosmetically). Horrible color schemes, decorating "themes" gone wrong, "kitschy" becoming tacky — all of these are great! Loud designs welcome!
- Must have a family member or close friend who is troubled by the hideousness of the room. (Can be the homeowner him/herself.)
- Must have at least a little sense of humor about the room-willing to take some gentle teasing about it.
- The room may have been designed and decorated by the homeowner, a friend/relative, or even a hired designer. NOTE: rooms that were decorated by the home's previous owner will not be considered.
- Home must be within 60 miles of locations listed above.
If you think you might be a victim of your own self-inflicted design wounds, apply now! Our design expert will deconstruct your decorating and help you see where things went wrong. Then, let the fun begin! Our host will bring the room down to the bare bones and help you redecorate it — including furniture, window treatments, finishes and accessories — and this time end up with a room you can be proud of!
Taping begins in mid-June, and we are casting ASAP!
To apply, visit www.highnoontv.com for an online application, or send an email to ID@highnoontv.com
Go to all Be On HGTV listings
Tech therapist, Carley Knobloch, answers home control questions posed by fans of HGTV Smart Home 2014.(7 photos)